Circle Area Stations
Area of a Circle Stations
These in-depth circle area stations dive into understanding the area of a circle. Your students will discover the formula for the area of the circle and apply this knowledge to various higher-order thinking problems. These stations are perfect to get your students thinking and working with the area of circles.
The Following Stations are Included:
- Discover Circle Area: Students will cut and paste a circle into a parallelogram, and analyze the area of the parallelogram to discover the formula for the area of a circle.
- Calculate Circle Area: Students will use their knowledge of the circle area to calculate various circles, both in exact and approximate forms.
- Area Analysis: Students will discover how the area of a circle changes when you scale the radius of a circle.
- Geometric Circle Area: Students will use their knowledge of circle area to calculate areas of shaded regions.
In your Classroom
- Foster in-depth discussions
- Each station takes about 20 - 30 minutes to complete
- Great for homework as well
- Could be used as group work
- Includes recording sheets
- Includes answer sheets
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math
No refunds will be given. Please contact me for any questions. 😊
One purchase is for one teacher/family. You may only use this item with students in a single classroom/family.
Copyright © Michelle Sigaran Make Sense of Math, All Rights Reserved.
This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) freely on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.